Friday, June 15, 2012

Friday June 15, 2012

Hello All,

Left New Mexico this morning and the clouds were so low it felt like you could reach up and touch them. I took a few pics but I'm sure they won't look as awesome as they did in the sky this morning. We had some beautiful scenery today, saw some sad old towns with not many old hotels or signs to photograph. I always feel kinda sad when I see towns like that... To think that not too long ago, they were busseling towns with families stopping by in their Woody station wagons on their car vacations across this country......

We went to the Meteor Crater outside of Flagstaff, that was way cool! It is Huge! Got some good pics and hiked up to the top of the catwalk they have there to get a good overall picture of it, but again, you gotta see it to believe it!

Went to a cool cruise in tonight and the people were so nice, we really enjoyed meeting them all and talking cars. And yes, I did eat about 5 bites of Frozen Custard! It was soooo good!

Gar talkes about our hotel problems below, it is the first time on this whole trip that we have gotten a bad hotel. We use Travelocity and go by the ratings and I don't know where those people stayed but it wasn't this Travelodge. This was also our first Travelodge so we learned a lesson.

Need to say Happy 1st Birthday to my niece Princess Sweetpea! Happy Birthday Kristen, we wish we were there to celebrate with you!!!

Tomorrow we are off to Vegas for a few days and I am looking forward to that! I always have fun in Vegas!

See ya on the Road!
Ter :)
 
"From the driver's seat"...... headed out of town early, headed for Flagstaff. Uneventful drive (my favorite!) and we dirverted off the route to see the Meteor Crater....it was amazing!!!!! It's a mile across and several hundred feet deep, all done by a single 150 foot diameter meteor in about ten seconds! The largest remaining piece is probably 7-800 pounds and is sitting in the main lobby, out there for all to touch and see. It's been touched so much the edges are becoming polished metal since its mostly an iron alloy. Check that one off the bucket list!

This evening we were invited to a cruise in at a Freddy's Frozen Custard stand. Contrary to past recent experiences we were warmly welcomed by about 25 rodders and there were two other woodies!

We had some dinner and custard (duh!) and headed beack to the motel....our second motel of the night. I had made a reservation at a Travelodge wrong night (my mistake) so I just got another room for the night....we walked in and the room was so bad we walked back out and the clown wouldn't give me a refund....kharma, pal...kharma. We're at the Radisson tonight.....All I'm saying about that.

Vegas tomorrow!!!!!!

          





                                          

1 comment: