Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Wednesday June 5, 2012

Hello All,

Branson... hmmmmm..... I like it here, its very family oriented, the shows are very wholesome, no bad language and very entertaining. But so many people with blue hair!

We arrived Tuesday afternoon and I saw that my favorite singer from the late 70's / early 80's had his own theater so I of course had to get tickets... Ok, in the late 70's Jim Stafford had a hit song called "I don't like spiders and snakes". I loved that song! He got his own show and I watched it every week cuz frankly he was pretty hot and could sing. Two things I still feel are atractive in a guy (that's why I married Gary! ). So I call and get our tickets and we are in the center section 4th row on the aisle! Pretty cool....
I'm really excited about it and Gary is making fun of me and my little crush, so the show starts and out comes Jim, he still looks pretty good, he can still sing but then he says he is 68! OMG! Really? 68??? Dang! I'm still 19 how can he be 68?? At first it took a bit of the crush away, but it was a fantastic show and I got to meet him and we talked about Sonoma and the Smothers Brothers so that was cool, he was charming and funny and dare I say it? Still hot and could sing. I will cherish my autographed picture from a 68 year old. Thanks Jim Stafford!

Today we went to the old part of Branson and checked out the Train Depot, and tomorrow we are going to take the train for a 2 hour ride into the Ozark Mountains.
We saw one of Gary's favorites today, Yakov Smirnoff. His show was really very moving. Did you know that he painted a mural that hung for 18 months on the new building where the Twin Towers were? He was so hurt by 9/11 that he painted this beautiful painting with the statue of liberty, and a heart that looked like an american flag. He donated over 100,000.00 to the 9/11 memorial and he made a stipulation that his mural could hang there but it would be anonymous. He thought if people knew it was painted by him, there might be jokes about it and he didn't want that... He is very patriotic and is so proud to be an American citizen. He has a masters in Psychology and basically his show was about treating each other kindly... A good message I have to agree.
Tomorrow we go on the train, go to the outlets and see a show, then we are off to St. Louis on Friday morning..

See ya on the Road,
Ter :)
 
 
'From the driver's seat'...Tuesday...We left Little Rockin the rear view mirror, anxious to leave the state that had a sign at its border stating 'No tolerance'....now, that was about the speed limit but we found it to be a generally accepted way of life. This time heading north into Misourri...Missouri?....Misery?, our destination was Branson, a less sinful Las Vegas. We wandered around town visiting the craft mall, bought tickets to see Yakov Schmirnoff tomorrow and then went to the Jim Stafford Theater to se his show...very funny and full of music. Terry got to meet him and get an autograph...she was quite happy!

Wednesday....Branson is a confusing city, street wise....I can recognize features but have no idea where I'm at or how I got there. Finally tonight I was able to navigate the route to our hotel without the Garmin! Very busy today, spent some time in historic Branson, surveyed some of the tornado damage from February wandered around a bit more and went to see Yakov....very funny, very deep, very patriotic...I recommend seeing him as he's going back on the road. Terry will fill you in on the rest.....

Tonight we drove to a woodie owner's home to see his car and let him see my headliner. He bought a kit and has it all laid out, ready for installation. He has a beautiful car...it'll be a nice addition. We're meeting up with a new woodie owner who wants to take it's maiden voyage traveling with us from St. Louis Saturday.

 Looking forward to starting to head home......
                                                                                      

Jason Yeager from last years American Idol...Remember him??



2 comments:

  1. Arrgh. My first comments disappeared into an internet wasteland. Shall we try again? Lovin the blog. FYI it is a sure sign that you are either retired or on vacation when you mess up on the date. So you know, today is Wednesday, June 6! Terry, a crush on Jim Stafford, “really”? Glad you go to meet your, um idol. The above pic with the woody sign is oh so perfect. Keep up blogging as I an enjoying vicariously traveling along with you. Love, Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I agree with Laurie, your blog is awesome. I get to take a little road trip each night!

    ReplyDelete